Who I Am
If you found me because I first followed you, don’t worry, there’s no pressure to follow me back. You can follow me back if you find me interesting.
Who(m) I Follow
People I like to follow include:
- People I know in real life
People from the Hillsboro and Portland area. In fact, I like to search Twitter for “hillsboro” to find new people to follow.*
- People who create or support services or products I use
People who follow me (see the exceptions below)2
- Otherwise interesting people
People I typically don’t follow include:
- People who immediately send an autorespond tweet telling me how to get more followers
- People who have a single tweet with a link they’re trying to promote (or worse, no tweets)
- People with too few tweets for the number of people they’re following; Whoa there, Trigger
- People with no picture (or worse, a sexy picture)
- People who follow and then immediately unfollow me
- People with no info in their location, web site, and/or bio; tell me something about yourself
- People with “SEO” in their Twitter bio and spammers in general
- People with “ninja,” “guru,” “master,” or the like in their Twitter bio. A little humility, please.
- People with no interaction, no @replies or retweets, or worse, no tweets at all
- People with just links in their stream
- People who tweet solely politics — life’s too short
Why I Tweet
My Twitter goals are pretty simple: connect with people and have fun.
What I Tweet
I still tweet “old school.” That is, a lot my tweets answer the question,
“What are you doing?” “What’s happening?” (I wish Twitter would go to the logical conclusion and shorten their question to “‘Zup?“) I also tweet links on topics I consider interesting:
- Hillsboro/Portland stuff
- Electronic freedom
I try to keep things positive rather than snarky. I don’t always succeed, but I try. I made some social media new year’s resolutions for 2010 that I still try to follow.