During my bike ride this morning, I took a quick stop to take another picture at my regular photo spot. For fun, I tried the panorama mode on my new smart phone. It includes more than 360 degrees. Ha! I’m not sure the value of that… :-D
Page 9 of 225
My May Bicycling Accomplishments
- May is my best month of the year, so far. Actually, May is my best month ever! — 471 miles. I think I was getting a little excited about biking more than 3,000 miles in a year, and wanted to make sure I hit my goal. Turns out, I hit it easily. Which leads me to…
- I have biked 3,060 on Sage, and Sage isn’t yet one year old. Expect a full report in a couple of weeks.
|Distance||Time / Bike|
|471||Biked in May1|
|1,063||Biked in 20142|
|3,060||Biked on Sage3|
How is your 2014 so far on the bike?
For Suzi’s birthday, we kayaked the Willamette River. We rented from Portland Kayak Company and launched from Willamette Park. We cruised around East Island while I took a bunch of pictures.
It was Kevin’s and Yuna’s first times on kayaks — you wouldn’t have known. We all had a blast!
We need to do this again. :-)
My online bio claims:
Engineer. Lawyer. WordPress geek. Bicycle commuter. Blood donor. Snapshooter extraordinaire.
I’m disappointed that I haven’t been able to convince anyone to go with me, but I hold out hope. Will you join me next time?3
- Including my walk to and from the Hillsboro public library, which is right next to my Dawson Creek “photo spot.” My traditional reward at Starbucks afterward might have taken a little extra time. :-) ↩
- What did you accomplish this afternoon? ;-) ↩
- I’ll adjust my schedule. I’ll talk you through it. I’ve already written on giving blood for wimps. ↩
Last Fathers’ Day, my family surprised me with a new bike. Since then, I’ve been riding “Sage” for commuting and for exercise. Last December, I was proud to report that I had biked 2,162 miles in 2013.
A few weeks ago, I realized that I could start my year anywhere, not just January 1. If I started my year at Fathers’ Day, 2013, 3,000 miles was in reach. As of today, I have biked 3,004 miles and all of it on Sage.1 That’s about the distance from Portland, OR to Orlando, FL. And there’s still some time before this year is up. Maybe I could go Portland, OR to Portland, ME.