Why You Hate Work, by Tony Schwartz and Christine Porath in the NY Times. “The more effectively leaders and organizations support employees in meeting these core needs, the more likely the employees are to experience engagement, loyalty, job satisfaction and positive energy at work and the lower their perceived levels of stress.” Good piece.
Page 10 of 226
The weather was beautiful during my regular lunch ride. With my morning’s successful panorama at Dawson Creek, I figured I’d take another pano at Rock Creek Trail Park. I parked the bike, spun the circle, and continued my ride. When I got back to my cube … no picture. I’m not sure what happened. Guess I’ll try again tomorrow.
I tried another on the way through Dawson Creek on the way home. Huh, that one worked.
I’m not sure how useful the 360-degree panorama is. The are very wide, very short pictures without a lot of visible detail. Maybe I need to find a better way of presenting them on my blog.
Time for more experimentation… ;-)
My May Bicycling Accomplishments
- May is my best month of the year, so far. Actually, May is my best month ever! — 471 miles. I think I was getting a little excited about biking more than 3,000 miles in a year, and wanted to make sure I hit my goal. Turns out, I hit it easily. Which leads me to…
- I have biked 3,060 on Sage, and Sage isn’t yet one year old. Expect a full report in a couple of weeks.
|Distance||Time / Bike|
|471||Biked in May1|
|1,063||Biked in 20142|
|3,060||Biked on Sage3|
How is your 2014 so far on the bike?
For Suzi’s birthday, we kayaked the Willamette River. We rented from Portland Kayak Company and launched from Willamette Park. We cruised around East Island while I took a bunch of pictures.
It was Kevin’s and Yuna’s first times on kayaks — you wouldn’t have known. We all had a blast!
We need to do this again. :-)
My online bio claims:
Engineer. Lawyer. WordPress geek. Bicycle commuter. Blood donor. Snapshooter extraordinaire.
I’m disappointed that I haven’t been able to convince anyone to go with me, but I hold out hope. Will you join me next time?3
- Including my walk to and from the Hillsboro public library, which is right next to my Dawson Creek “photo spot.” My traditional reward at Starbucks afterward might have taken a little extra time. :-) ↩
- What did you accomplish this afternoon? ;-) ↩
- I’ll adjust my schedule. I’ll talk you through it. I’ve already written on giving blood for wimps. ↩