Earlier this week, I toted my bike to Sacramento so I could ride to work in Folsom. Sacramento has great bike paths that I didn’t want to miss. My Folsom bike commute is about 5.5 miles each way, only an additional mile over my newer, longer commute route in Hillsboro. And I must admit, the scenery along Nimbus Dam and Lake Natoma is beautiful.
Apparently, Hillsboro got rain while we were away and it continues still. I resolved not to wimp out. After all, it was only a light sprinkle when I left home in the morning and who cares about getting soppy headed home?1
While I rode, I thought how much I enjoy2 riding in the mist.
- The bike lanes are rinsed clean, dark, and pretty
- My tires make a neat, swishy sound on the wet pavement
- Everything smells better, including my nose
- My blinky lights seem brighter
- Cars give me more room
- There’s lots more room at the bike rack
- Riding in the rain makes me feel ten years old again
What do you like about riding in the rain?
Subscribe :-) to get my new posts lovingly delivered to your inbox.